|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||103,395,711|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||81,399,306|
Nano-Chelated Nitrogen Fertilizer as a New Replacement for Urea to Improve Olive Oil Quality
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|دوره 8، شماره 2، تیر 2021، صفحه 191-201 اصل مقاله (1.31 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2020.295041.332|
|Zohre Rohi Vishekaii 1؛ Ali Soleimani 1؛ Akbar Hasani 2؛ Mahmood Ghasemnezhad3؛ Karamatollah Rezaei 4؛ Somaye Kalanaky4|
|1Department of Horticultural Science, University of Zanjan, Zanjan, Iran|
|2Department of Soil Science, University of Zanjan, Zanjan, Iran|
|3Department of Horticultural Science, University of Guilan, Guilan, Iran|
|4Department of Food Science, Engineering and Technology, University of Tehran, Karaj-Iran|
|Different sources of nitrogen fertilizers are being used in olive orchards, of which urea is widely used by olive growers. However, nano-chelated nitrogen (nano-N) is a newly found feature of the fertilizer with very little known information. In the current research, the impact of foliar spray of two nitrogen sources; urea (U) and nano-N on oil content and quality of olive cv. ‘Zard’ during two consecutive seasons were investigated. The olive trees were sprayed with 2.21 g (U1) and 2.95 g (U2), and 6 g nano-N1 and 8 g nano-N2 at several phenological stages of olive tree. The detailed observations showed that U1 significantly increased fruit yield. Monounsaturated fatty acid and the ratio of oleic acid to linoleic acid were increased by the nitrogen treatments, especially with nano-N2, whereas it decreased in the case of saturated fatty acid and polyunsaturated fatty acids. The application of both fertilizer sources improved the leaf mineral compositions as well as the oil quality such as free fatty acids, peroxide activity, K232 and K270 extinction coefficients, the chlorophyll and carotenoid pigments. Total phenolic content of the oil in olive trees sprayed with urea was lower than those treated with nano-N. In contrast, the oil antioxidant capacity was high in those trees treated with nano-N. Overall, the results showed that nano-fertilizer, especially nan-N2 treatment rather than urea, is an effective approach to improve oil quality.|
|Antioxidant capacity؛ Fatty acid composition؛ Foliar application؛ Nano-fertilizer؛ Olea europaea|
Abbasi H, Rezaei K, Rashidi L. 2008. Extraction of essential oils from the seeds of pomegranate using organic solvents and supercritical CO2. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society. 85: 83-89.
2. Amiri M.E, Fallahi E, Golchin A. 2008. Influence of foliar and ground fertilization on yield, fruit quality, and soil, leaf, and fruit mineral nutrients in apple. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 31: 515-525.
3. Avidan B, Ogrodovitch A, Lavee S. 1997. A reliable and rapid shaking system for determination of the oil content in olive fruits. Olivae. 67:44-47.
4. Beltrán G, Aguilera M.P, Del Rio C, Sanchez S, Martinez L. 2005. Influence of fruit ripening process on the natural antioxidant content of Hojiblanca virgin olive oils. Food Chemistry. 89: 207-215.
5. Bendini A, Cerretani L, Carrasco-Pancorbo A, Gómez-Caravaca A, Segura-Carretero A, Fernández-Gutiérrez A, Lercker G. 2007. Phenolic molecules in virgin olive oils: a survey of their sensory properties, health effects, antioxidant activity and analytical methods. An overview of the last decade Alessandra. Molecules. 12: 1679-1719.
6. Boskou D, Tsamidou M, Blekas D. 1996. Olive oil: Chemistry and Technology. Champaign, IL: AOCS Press. pp. 161-162.
7. Bouhafa K, Moughli L, Bouchoufi K, Douaik A, Daoui K. 2014. Nitrogen fertilization of olive orchards under rainfed Mediterranean condition. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture. 4: 890-901.
8. Corral-Diaz B, Peralta-Videa J.R, Alvarez-Parrilla E, Rodrigo-García J, Morales M.I, Osuna-Avila P. 2014. Cerium oxide nanoparticles alter the antioxidant capacity but do not impact tuber ionome in Raphanus sativus (L). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 84: 277-285.
9. Covas M.I, Ruiz-Gutiérrez V, De La Torre R, Kafatos A, Lamuela-Raventós R.M, Osada J.
2006. Minor components of olive oil: evidence to date of health benefits in humans. Nutrition Reviews. 64: 20-30.
10. Dag A, Erel R, Kerem Z, Ben-Gal A, Stern N, Bustan A, Zipori I, Yermiyahu U. 2018. Effect of nitrogen availability on olive oil quality. Acta Horticulturae. 465-470.
11. Davarpanah, S, Tehranifar, A, Davarynejad, G.H, Abadía, J. Khorasani R. 2016. Effects of foliar applications of zinc and boron nanofertilizers on pomegranate (Punica granatum cv. Ardestani) fruit yield and quality. Scientia Horticulturae. 210: 57-64.
12. Davarpanah S, Tehranifar A, Davarynejad G, Aran M, Abadía J, Khorassani R. 2017. Effects of foliar Nano-nitrogen and urea fertilizers on the physical and chemical properties of pomegranate (Punica granatum cv. Ardestani) fruits. Horticultural Science. 52 (2): 288-294.
13. Davarpanah S, Tehranifar A, Abadía J, Valb J, Davarynejad G.H, Aranc M, Khorassanid R. 2018. Foliar calcium fertilization reduces fruit cracking in pomegranate (Punica granatum cv. Ardestani). Scientia Horticulturae. 230: 86-91.
14. Elbadawy N, Hegazi E, Yehia T, Abourayya M, Mahmoud T. 2016. Effect of nitrogen fertilizer on yield, fruit quality and oil Content in Manzanillo olive trees. Journal of Arid Land Studies. 26: 175-177.
15. Erel R, Kerem Z, Ben-Gal A, Dag A, Schwartz A, Zipori I, Basheer L, Yermiyahu U. 2013. Olive (Olea europaea L.) tree nitrogen status is a key factor for olive oil quality. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 61: 11261-11272.
16. Etehadnejad F, Aboutalebi A. 2014. Evaluating the effects of foliar application of nitrogen and zinc on yield increasing and quality improvement of apple cv.‘golab kohanz’. Indian journal of fundamental and applied life sciences. 4: 125-129.
17. European Economic Commission (EEC). 1991. Characteristics of olive and olive pomace oils and their analytical methods. Regulation EEC/2568. Official Journal of the European Communities. 248: 1-82.
18. Fernández-Escobar R, Beltrán G, Sánchez-Zamora M.A, García-Novelo J, Aguilera M.P, Uceda M. 2006. Olive oil quality decreases with nitrogen over-fertilization. Horticultural Science. 41: 215–219.
Zohre Rohi Vishekaii et al. Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 2021 8(2): 191-201
19. Fernández-Escobar R, Parra M. Navarro C, Arquero O. 2009. Foliar diagnosis as a guide to olive fertilization. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research. 7: 212-223.
20. Fernández-Escobar R, García-Novelo J, Restrepo-Diaz H. 2011. Mobilization of nitrogen in the olive bearing shoots after foliar application of urea. Scientia Horticulturae. 127 (3): 452-454.
21. Franco M.N, Galeano-Diaz T, Lopez O, Fernandez-Bolanos J.G, Sanchez J, De Miguel C, Gil M.V, Martin-Vertedor D. 2014. Phenolic compounds and antioxidant capacity of virgin olive oil. Food Chemistry. 163: 289-298.
22. Gucci R, Lodolini E, Rapaport H.F. 2007. Productivity of olive trees with different water status and crop load. The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology. 82: 648-656.
23. Hasani M, Zamani Z, Savaghebi G, Sofla, H.S. 2016. Effect of foliar and soil application of urea on leaf nutrients concentrations, yield and fruit quality of pomegranate. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 39: 749-755.
24. Inglese P, Gullo G. 2000. Fruit growth and oil quality in relation to foliar nutrition and time of application in olive tree [Olea europaea L-Calabria]. Atti V Giornate Scientifiche S.O.I. (Italy). 2: 567-568.
25. Isabel Minguez‐Mosquera M, Rejano‐Navarro L, Gandul‐Rojas B, Sanchez-Gomez A.H, Garrido‐Fernandez J. 1991. Color‐pigment correlation in virgin olive oil. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society. 68: 332-336.
26. Jordaó P.V, Duarte L, Calouro F, Silva A. 1990. Relations between fruit and foliar mineral levels in twenty olive cultivars grown in Portugal. Acta Horticulturae. 286: 267-270.
27. Kheir N.F, Harb E.Z, Moursi H.A, El-Gayar S.H. 1991. Effect of salinity and fertilization on flax plants (Linum usitatissimum L.). II. Chemical composition. Bulletin of Faculty of Agriculture, University of Cairo, Egypt. 42: 57-70.
28. Knoops K.T, De Groot L.C, Kromhout D, Perrin A.E, Moreiras-Varela O, Menotti A, Van Staveren W.A. 2004. Mediterranean diet, life style factors, and 10-year mortality in elderly European men and women: the HALE project. Journal of the American Medical Association. 292: 1433–1439.
29. Mailer R, Beckingham C. 2006. Testing olive oil quality: chemical and sensory methods. Primefacts. 231:1-5.
30. Khan R.M, Fatima T.F. 2017. Application of nanofertilizer and nanopesticides for improvements in crop production and protection. In: Ghorbanpour M, Khanuja M, Varma A. (Eds). Nanoscience and plant-soil systems. Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-46835-8.
31. Naderi M.R, Danesh-Shahraki A. 2013. Nanofertilizers and their roles in sustainable agriculture. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences. 5: 2229-2232.
32. Nazaran M.H. 2012. Chelate compounds. US Patent 8, 288.
33. Parisi O.I, Puoci F, Iemma F, De Luca G, Curcio
M, Cirillo G, Spizzirri U.G, Picci N. 2009. Antioxidant and spectroscopic studies of crosslinked polymers synthesized by grafting polymerization of ferulic acid. Polymers for Advanced Technologies. 21: 774.
34. Patil B.N, Lakkineni K.C, Bhargava S.C. 1996. Seed yield and yield contributing characters as influenced by N supply in rape seed-mustared. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science.177: 197-205.
35. Rohi Vishekaii Z, Soleimani A, Fallahi E, Ghasemnezha M, Hasani A. 2019. The impact of foliar application of boron nano-chelated fertilizer and boric acid on fruit yield, oil content, and quality attributes in olive (Olea europaea L.). Scientia Horticulturae. 257: 108689.
36. Rosati A, Paoletti A, Pannelli G, Famiani F. 2017. Growth is inversely correlated with yield efficiency across cultivars in young olive (Olea europaea L.) trees. Horticultural Science. 52:1525–1529.
37. Sarker B.C, Rahim M. 2013. Yield and quality of mango (Mangifera indica L.) as influenced by foliar application of potassium nitrate and urea. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research. 38: 145-154.
38. Sayyad-amin P, Shahsavar A.R, Aslmoshtaghi E. 2015. Study on foliar application nitrogen, boron and zinc olive tree. Trakia Journal of Sciences. 2: 131-136.
39. Singleton V.L, Rossi J.A. 1965. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture. 16: 144-158.
40. Suppan S. 2013. Nanomaterials in soil, our future food chain? (ed.) Institute of Agriculture and Trade Policy.
Zohre Rohi Vishekaii et al. Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 2021 8(2): 191-201
41. Tarafdar J.C, Rathore I, Thomas E. 2015. Enhancing nutrient use efficiency through nano technological interventions. Indian journal of fertilizers. 11 (12), pp. 46-51.
42. Taslimpour M.R, Zeinanloo A.A, Aslmoshtaghi E. 2016. Evaluating the performance of eleven olive cultivars in Fars province of Iran. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology. 3: 1-8.
43. Tekaya M, Mechri B, Bchir A, Attia F, Cheheb H, Daassa M, Hammami M. 2013. Enhancement of antioxidants in olive oil by foliar fertilization of olive trees. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society. 90: 1377-1386.
44. Thiruvengadam M, Rajakumar G, Chung I.M. 2018. Nanotechnology: current uses and future applications in the food industry. Biotechnology. 8:74, 2-13.
45. Tura D, Gigliotti C, Pedo S, Failla O, Bassi D, Serraiocco A. 2007. Influence of cultivar and site of cultivation on levels of lipophilic and hydrophilic antioxidants in virgin olive oils (Olea europea L) and correlations with oxidative stability. Scientia Horticulturae. 112: 108–119.
46. Vishwakarma K, Upadhyay N, Kumar N, Tripathi D.K, Chauhan D.K, Sharma Sh, Sahi S. 2018. Potential applications and avenues of
nanotechnology in sustainable agriculture. In: Tripathi D.K, Ahmad P, Sharma S, Chauhan D.K, Dubey N.K. (Eds). Nanomaterials in Plants, Algae, and Microorganisms (concepts and controversies, Vol. 1), Elsevier.
47. Walinga I, van der Lee, J.J, Houba V.J.G, van Vark W, Novozamsky I. (Eds). 1995. Plant Analysis Manual, Springer.
48. Wijesinghe W.P.S.L, Weerasinghe A.M.C.P. 2015. Development of nano fertilizers as slow release fertilizers. Sciscitator. 2: 28-29.
49. Wu H, Shabala L, Shabala S, Giraldo J.P. 2018. Hydroxyl radical scavenging by cerium oxide nanoparticles improves Arabidopsis salinity tolerance by enhancing leaf mesophyll potassium retention. Environmental Science. 5: 1567-1583.
50. Zagzog O.A, Gad M.M. 2017. Improving growth, flowering, fruiting and resistance of malformation of Mango trees using Nano-Zinc. Middle East Journal of Agriculture Research. 06: 673-681.
51. Zegane O, Keciri S, Louaileche H. 2015. Physicochemical characteristics and pigment content of Algerian olive oils: effect of olive cultivar and geographical origin. International Journal of Chemical Sciences. 1: 153-157.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 901
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 619