|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||103,260,182|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||81,330,932|
Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Mechanical Properties in the Ultrasonic Assisted constraint groove pressing process of copper sheets
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|دوره 53، شماره 1، شهریور 2020، صفحه 48-59 اصل مقاله (4.43 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/jufgnsm.2020.01.07|
|Mohsen Asgari1؛ Mohammad Honarpisheh 2؛ Hadi Mansouri1|
|1Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran.|
|2Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran|
|In this study, constraint groove pressing (CGP) process and ultrasonic assisted CGP (UCGP) process were investigated on the process forces, mechanical properties of the sheet, including hardness and tensile tests and grain size. Pure copper sheets were used as samples in this research. Samples were tested both with and without ultrasonic vibrations for mechanical properties and grain size up to 4 passes. The results of tensile tests showed that by applying CGP process, the strength of the samples increases significantly in the first two passes and then decreases. Hardness test results showed an increase which had the highest rate after the first pass. As expected, CGP process was very effective to create fine-grained metal structure. Also, process forces were investigated in both CGP and UCGP processes and then compared in 3 methods of 2 dimension (plane strain) simulation, 3 dimension simulation and experimental examination. After all, a good agreement was achieved.|
|constraint groove pressing؛ ultrasonic vibrations؛ finite element؛ mechanical properties|
1. Zahari ZS, Awang Sh’ri DN, Abu Hassan MAH, Wan Harun WS. Effect of ECAP die angle to the microstructure and mechanical properties of bulk nanostructured Al-6061. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2019;469:012054.
2. Sadeghinia H, Jafarian HR, Salehi MT, Eivani AR. Comprehensive investigation on wear and microstructure development in Al/ti ultrafine grained multi-layered composite produced by Accumulative Roll Bonding (ARB). Materials Research Express. 2019;6(11):116572.
3. Pereira PHR, Huang Y, Langdon TG. Thermal stability and superplastic behaviour of an Al-Mg-Sc alloy processed by ECAP and HPT at different temperatures. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2017;194:012013.
4. Honarpisheh M, Haghighat E, Kotobi M. Investigation of residual stress and mechanical properties of equal channel angular rolled St12 strips. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications. 2016;232(10):841-51.
6. Kotobi M, Honarpisheh M. Uncertainty analysis of residual stresses measured by slitting method in equal-channel angular rolled Al-1060 strips. The Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design. 2016;52(2):83-92.
12. Zehetbauer MJ, Valiev RZ. Nanomaterials by severe plastic deformation. John Wiley & Sons. 2006.
17. T. J. Mason, J. P. Lormier, Applied sonochemistry, Weinheim, Germany: Wiley-VCH, 2002.
19. Krishnaiah A, Chakkingal U, Venugopal P. Applicability of the groove pressing technique for grain refinement in commercial purity copper. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2005;410-411:337-40.
22. Reihanian M, Ebrahimi R, Tsuji N, Moshksar MM. Analysis of the mechanical properties and deformation behavior of nanostructured commercially pure Al processed by equal channel angular pressing (ECAP). Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2008;473(1-2):189-94.
28. Nazari F, Honarpisheh M. Analytical and experimental investigation of deformation in constrained groove pressing process. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science. 2018;233(11):3751-9.
29. Nazari F, Honarpisheh M, Zhao H. Effect of stress relief annealing on microstructure, mechanical properties, and residual stress of a copper sheet in the constrained groove pressing process. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2019;102(9-12):4361-70.
31. Johnson GR, Cook WH. A constitutive model and data for metals subjected to large strains, high strain rates and high temperatures. InProceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Ballistics 1983 Apr 19 (Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 541-547).
34. Zrnik J, Kovarik T, Novy Z, Cieslar M. Ultrafine-grained structure development and deformation behavior of aluminium processed by constrained groove pressing. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2009;503(1-2):126-9.
39. Mori E, Inoue M. Effects of drawing speed and backward tension application of ultrasonic vibration to metal wire drawing (2nd report). J. JSTP. 1970;11:144.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 798
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 496