|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||103,498,430|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||81,438,636|
Effects of Some Mineral Substrates on Qualitative and Quantitative Traits of Tuberose (Plianthes tuberosa L.)
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|مقاله 9، دوره 6، شماره 1، شهریور 2019، صفحه 101-112 اصل مقاله (368.91 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2019.268094.260|
|Bita Sharifi1؛ Davood Naderi 2|
|1Horticulture Department, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan (Khorasgan) Branch, Isfahan, Iran|
|2Young Researchers Club, Isfahan (Khorasgan) Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Iran|
|Tuberose is one of the most important aromatic cut flower among ornamental plants that its growth and quality is influenced by the type and percentage of mineral compounds in the substrate. This study was carried out on the basis of a randomized complete design to explore the impact of feldspar, talc, dolomite and tuff minerals at the rate of 10, 20 and 40% incorporated with garden soil and manure on some quantitative and qualitative traits of Tuberose plants. The results showed that the highest stem diameter, floret number, root fresh and dry weight were obtained from plants grown in garden soil + dolomite + manure at the ratios of 40:40:20% and 60:20:20%. The highest stem length, floret fresh weight, content of chlorophyll b and total chlorophyll were detected in the plants treated with garden soil + talc and manure (40:40:20%). Highest daughter bulb perimeter, total bulb weight, and floret dry weight were obtained from plants treated with garden soil + feldspar + manure (40:40:20%). Highest floret length and width were seen in plants grown in garden soil + tuff + manure (70:10:20%) and garden soil + talc + manure (60:20:20%). Plants that were grown in garden soil + feldspar + manure at the ratios of 70:10:20% and 60:20:20% had the highest chlorophyll a content and the lowest daughter bulb perimeter, stem length and width, floret dry weight, width and number of floret, chlorophyll b, and total chlorophyll content respectively. Highest root dry weight was measured in control (garden soil + manure 80:20%) and the lowest root fresh and dry weights and volume were recorded for plants grown in garden soil + tuff mineral soil + manure (40:40:20%). Overall, the use of talc, dolomite, and feldspar at the ratio of 40% as Mg and K supplying minerals can improve growth and biochemical parameters of the Tuberose plant.|
|Dolomite؛ Feldspar؛ Silicon؛ Talc؛ Tuff|
10. Bano Karim K, Vinod Kumar N, Raghupati B, Pal A.K. 2017. Effect of Biostimulants on Growth and Floral Attributes of Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.). cv. Prajwal. International Journal of Current Microbiological Applied Science 6(6), 2557-2564.
11. Baruah, T.C, Barthakur H.P. 1999. A Text Book of Soil Analysis, 2nd Ed., Vikal Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., NewDelhi.
12. Benschop M. 1993. Polianthes. In: The physiology of flower bulbs (De Hertogh A, Le Nard M. eds). Elsevier Publ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. P. 601.
13. Boltz D.F, Howell J.A. 1978. Colorimetric determination of nonmetals. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
14. Chutichude B, Chutichudet P, Kaewsit S. 2010. Effects of dolomite application on plant growth, activities of polyphenol oxidase and internal quality of Grand Rapids lettuce. International Journal of Agricultural Research 5(9), 690-707.
15. Clark M.B, Mills H.A, Robacker C.D, Latimer J.G. 2003. Influence of nitrate: ammonium ratios on growth and elemental concentration in two azalea cultivars. Journal of Plant Nutrition 26, 2503-2520.
16. Damrongrak I, Onthong J, Nilnond C. 2015. Effect of fertilizer and dolomite applications on growth and yield of tapping rubber trees. Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology 37(6), 643-650.
17. Das P, Paswan L, Choudhury H, Das J, Saikia P. 2012. Effect of inorganic, organic and biofertilizers on flower yield and flower quality of Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.).Crop Research Hisar Journal 43(1/2/3), 116-19.
18. Dilmaghani M.R, Hemmaty Emmaty S. 2011. Effect of different substrates on nutrient content, yield and quality of strawberry cv. Selva in soilless culture. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture 2(7), 1-7.
19. Eidyan B, Hadavi E, Moalemi N. 2014. Pre-harvest foliar application of iron sulfate and citric acid combined with urea fertigation effects growth and vase life of Tuberose “Por-Par”. Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology 55, 9-13.
20. Felix S, Sonja S.S. 1963. Industrial Ceramics. Published in Springer Netherlands.
21. Ghasemi E, Tavakal M.R, Zabihi H.R. 2012. Effect of nitrogen, potassium and humic acid on vegetative growth, nitrogen and potassium uptake of potato minituber in greenhouse condition. Agronomy and Plant Breeding 8(1), 39-56.
22. Ghasemi K, Emadi S, Ghasemi Y. 2017. Effect of different culture media on broccoli (Brassica oleracea var. Italica) yield components and mineral elements concentration in soilless culture. Journal of Horticulture Science 31(4), 694-704.
23. GhortTappeh A.H, Ghalavand A. 2006. Effects of fertilizer systems on yield and agronomic Nefficiency of different sunflower cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources 12(5), 20-27.
24. Ibrahim M.E, Mohamed M.A, Khalid K.A. 2015. Effect of plant growth regulators on the rooting of lemon verbena cutting. Journal of Materials and Environmental Science 6(1), 28-33.
25. Ikram S, Habib U, Khalid N. 2012. Effect of different potting media combinations on growth and vase life of Tuberose. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences 49, 121-125.
26. Javanpour Heravi R, Babalar M, Kashi A, Mirabdolbaqi M, Asgari M.A. 2005. Effect of cirtain nutrient solution and growing media on qualitative and quantitative traits of tomato cv. Hamra in hydroponic system. Irainian Journal of Agriculture Science 36(4), 939-946.
27. Jifon G.E, Lester J.L. 2011. Effects of foliar potassium fertilization on muskmelon fruit quality and yield. Better Crops 95(1), 13-15.
28. Joshaghani R, Mehrafarin A, Labbafi M. 2017. Phytochemical and morpho-physiological changes lavender (Lavandula officinalis L.) in response to different culture media. Journal of Medicinal Plants4(64), 141-152.
29. Kabir A.K.M, Iman M.H, Mondal M.M.A, Chowdhury S. 2011. In Response of Tuberose to Integrated Nutrient Management. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources 4(2), 55-59.
30. Kanani M, Nazarideljou M. 2017. Morpho-physiological reactions, photosynthetic capacity and quality of cut Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.) under different soil and soilless cultivation systems. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture 7(4), 61-73.
31. Khayyat M, Tafazoli E, Eshghi S, Rahemi M, Rajaee S. 2007. Salinity, supplementary calcium and potassium effects on fruit yield and quality of strawberry (Fragaria ananassa Duch.). Am-Euras. Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Science 2, 539-544.
32. Khosravi Mashizi M, Sarcheshmehpour M. 2015. Effect of foliar application of calcium and potassium on growth, fruit yield and some properties of two muskmelon cultivars (Cucumis melo L.). Journal of Crop Production and Processing 5(17), 295-310.
33. Kirkby H.P, Zude M. 2009. Sensing of tomato plant response to hypoxia in the root environment. Scientia Horticulturae 122, 17-25.
34. Kiuru P, Muriuki S.J.N, Muriuki S.J.M. 2015. Influence of growth media and regulators on vegetative propagation of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.). East African Agricultural and Forestry Journal 81(2-4), 105-111.
35. Kokabi S, Tabatabaei S.J. 2011. Effect of different ratios of potassium to calcium on the yield and quality of galia melons in hydroponic. Journal of Horticultural Science 25, 178-184.
36. Lester G.E, Jifon J.L, Makus D.J. 2010. Impact of potassium nutrition on postharvest fruit quality: melon (Cucumis melo L.) case study. Plant and Soil 335, 117-131.
37. Malassiotis A, Tanou G, Diamantidis G, Patakas A, Therios L. 2006. Effects of 4-month Fe deficiency exposure on Fe reduction mechanism, photosynthetic gas exchange, chlorophyll fluorescence and antioxidant defense in two peach rootstocks differing in Fe deficiency tolerance. Journal of Plant Physiology 163, 176-185.
38. Marschner H, Oberle H, Cakmak I, Romheld V. 1990: Growth enhancement by silicon in cucumber (Cucumis sativus) plants depends on imbalance in phosphorus and zinc supply. Plant Soil 124, 211-219.
39. Marschner H. 2011. Marschners Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plant. Academic Press, London.
40. Moore J.D, Ouimet R. 2006. Ten-year effect of dolomitic lime on the nutrition, crown vigor and growth of sugar maple. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 36(7), 1834-1841.
41. Mousavi A, Khayamim F, Khademi H, Shariatmadari H. 2014. Potassium release kinetics from K-Feldspar in comparison with muscovite as influenced by different extractants. Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Water and Soil Science18(67), 229-240.
42. Nelson R.E. 1982. Carbonate and gypsum. In: Buxton, D. R., (Ed.), Method of Soil Analysis, Part 2. Chemical Methods. Agronomy Handbook Madison 181-197.
43. Nikrazm R, Alizadeh Ajirlou S, Khaligy A, Tabatabei S. 2011. Effects of different media on vegetative growth of two Lilium cultivars in soilless culture. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture 2(2), 1-9. (In Persian)
44. Olsen S.R, Sommers L.E. 1982. Phosphorus. In A.L Page (Ed.). Methods of Soil Analysis, Agron. No. 9, Part 2: Chemical and Microbiological Properties. American Society of Agronomy WI, USA. 403-430.
45. Pati S, Pal B, Badole S, Hazra G.C, Mandal B. 2016. Effect of silicon fertilization on growth, yield, and nutrient uptake of rice. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 47(3), 284-290.
46. Renau-Morata B, Nebauer S.G, Sánchez M, Molina R.V. 2012. Effect of corm size, water stress and cultivation conditions on photosynthesis and biomass partitioning during
47. Rogerio P.S, Crusciol C.A.C. 2008. Dolomite and phosphogypsum surface application effects on annual crops nutrition and yield. Agronomy Journal 100(2), 261-270.
48. Roosta H, Bagheri V, Kian H. 2017. Effect of different planting substrates on vegetative and physiologic characteristics and nutrients content of rose (Rosa hybrida var. Grandgala) in Hydroponic system. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture7(4), 27-40.
49. Sacala E. 2009. Role of silicon in plant resistance to water stress. Journal of Elementology 14(3), 619-630.
50. Sivanesan I, Park S.W. 2014. The role of silicon in plant tissue culture. Frontiers in Plant Science 5(571), 1-4.
51. Taher T, Golchin A, Shafiei S. 2015. Effects of phosphorus solubilizing bacteria and nitrogen on the qualitative and quantitative properties of Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.). Journal of Horticulture Science29 (2), 287-295.
52. Tripathi S.K, Sunil M, Singh I.P, Dhyani B.P, Vipin K, Dhaka S.S, Singh J.P. 2012. Effect of integrated nutrient management in cut flower production of Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.) var. Suvasini. Annals of Horticulture 5(1), 108-15.
53. Wroblewska K, Debicz R. 2011. The effect of silicon foliar application on the development of Season ornamental plants. Part II: Argyranthemum frutescens 'Blazer Rose', Xerochrysum bracteatum 'Gold', Osteospermum ecklonis 'Grande Pink Blush' and Gaura lindheimeri 'Corinas Choice'. Acta Agrobotanica64(4), 107-114.
54. Zadebagheri M, Sohrabnejad A, Abutalebi Jahromi A, Sharafzadeh S. 2011. The effects of Nitrogen and Phosphor on some physicochemical characteristics and after harvest life of Narcissus flower. Quarterly Journal of New Finding in Agriculture6(1), 39-51.
55. Zad-Salehi F, Mozaffari V, Taj-Abadipour A, Hokmabadi H. 2011. Interaction of sodium and magnesium on some growth characteristics and chlorophyll content of pistachio in perlite substrate. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture2 (2), 23-35.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 433
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 385