|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||111,556,533|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||86,185,798|
An Effective Nitrogen Doping Technique for Improving the Performance of Lithium Ion Batteries with CNT Based Electrodes
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|مقاله 8، دوره 52، شماره 1، شهریور 2019، صفحه 78-83 اصل مقاله (653.11 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/JUFGNSM.2019.01.08|
|Seyed Mahmoud Hosseini؛ Alireza Mashayekhi؛ Seyed Ali Safiabadi Tali؛ Zeinab Sanaee*|
|Nano-fabricated Energy Devices Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.|
|Lithium ion batteries are among the most used rechargeable batteries in the world. Carbon nanostructures including carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are considered as important electrode materials for this kind of batteries. Therefore improving the performance of these carbon based electrodes in Lithium ion batteries is an important issue and attracts much attention in the battery community. In this manuscript, a new method for high content Nitrogen doping on CNTs is reported as an efficient approach for enhancing the battery performance. Direct current-plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (DC-PECVD) system was used for nitrogen doping. Annealing with Nitrogen during CNT growth and plasma exposure after the growth has been used for Nitrogen doping of the CNTs. The growth was performed on an Indium Tin oxide (ITO) covered Silicon substrate. Implementation of Silicon substrate enables the possibility of future integration of other electronic circuits with the fabricated Lithium ion battery. Vertically aligned CNTs with an average diameter of around 150 nm and 4 um height has been obtained on this substrate. The synthesized CNTs was subsequently used as the electrode of Lithium ion battery in a half cell configuration. The results show a significant improvement of about 400% in the specific capacity of the battery as a result of Nitrogen doping. For Nitrogen doped CNT based battery, specific capacity of around 0.4 mAh/cm2 and coulombic efficiency of 97% were achieved after 28 cycles of charge/discharge with C rate of 2.5. This Nitrogen doping method is propped as an efficient technique for enhancing the performance of Lithium ion batteries with carbon based electrodes.|
|Nitrogen doping؛ CNT؛ Li ion battery؛ Capacity؛ Anode electrode|
1. Pushparaj VL, Shaijumon MM, Kumar A, Murugesan S, Ci L, Vajtai R, et al. Flexible energy storage devices based on nanocomposite paper. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2007;104(34):13574-7.
2. An KH, Kim WS, Park YS, Moon JM, Bae DJ, Lim SC, et al. Electrochemical Properties of High-Power Supercapacitors Using Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Electrodes. Advanced Functional Materials. 2001;11(5):387-92.
3. Futaba DN, Hata K, Yamada T, Hiraoka T, Hayamizu Y, Kakudate Y, et al. Shape-engineerable and highly densely packed single-walled carbon nanotubes and their application as super-capacitor electrodes. Nature Materials. 2006;5(12):987-94.
8. An KH, Kim WS, Park YS, Moon JM, Bae DJ, Lim SC, et al. Electrochemical Properties of High-Power Supercapacitors Using Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Electrodes. Advanced Functional Materials. 2001;11(5):387-92.
12. Liu X-M, Huang Zd, Oh Sw, Zhang B, Ma P-C, Yuen MMF, et al. Carbon nanotube (CNT)-based composites as electrode material for rechargeable Li-ion batteries: A review. Composites Science and Technology. 2012;72(2):121-44.
14. Soleimani-Amiri S, Safiabadi Tali SA, Azimi S, Sanaee Z, Mohajerzadeh S. Highly featured amorphous silicon nanorod arrays for high-performance lithium-ion batteries. Applied Physics Letters. 2014;105(19):193903.
17. Gao B, Bower C, Lorentzen JD, Fleming L, Kleinhammes A, Tang XP, et al. Enhanced saturation lithium composition in ball-milled single-walled carbon nanotubes. Chemical Physics Letters. 2000;327(1-2):69-75.
19. Shimoda H, Gao B, Tang XP, Kleinhammes A, Fleming L, Wu Y, et al. Lithium Intercalation into Opened Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes: Storage Capacity and Electronic Properties. Physical Review Letters. 2001;88(1).
26. Hahn R, Marquardt K, Thunman M, Topper M, Wilke M, Ferch M, et al. Silicon integrated micro batteries based on deep reactive ion etching and through silicon via technologies. 2012 IEEE 62nd Electronic Components and Technology Conference; 2012/05: IEEE; 2012.
29. Westover AS, Freudiger D, Gani ZS, Share K, Oakes L, Carter RE, et al. On-chip high power porous silicon lithium ion batteries with stable capacity over 10 000 cycles. Nanoscale. 2015;7(1):98-103.
32. Li X, Liu J, Zhang Y, Li Y, Liu H, Meng X, et al. High concentration nitrogen doped carbon nanotube anodes with superior Li+ storage performance for lithium rechargeable battery application. Journal of Power Sources. 2012;197:238-45.
34. Li J, Zhang F, Wang C, Shao C, Li B, Li Y, et al. Self nitrogen-doped carbon nanotubes as anode materials for high capacity and cycling stability lithium-ion batteries. Materials & Design. 2017;133:169-75.
35. Ding Y-L, Kopold P, Hahn K, van Aken PA, Maier J, Yu Y. Facile Solid-State Growth of 3D Well-Interconnected Nitrogen-Rich Carbon Nanotube-Graphene Hybrid Architectures for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Advanced Functional Materials. 2015;26(7):1112-9.
36. Ren W, Li D, Liu H, Mi R, Zhang Y, Dong L, et al. Lithium storage performance of carbon nanotubes with different nitrogen contents as anodes in lithium ions batteries. Electrochimica Acta. 2013;105:75-82.
37. Zhao Y, Yin F, Zhang Y, Zhang C, Mentbayeva A, Umirov N, et al. A Free-Standing Sulfur/Nitrogen-Doped Carbon Nanotube Electrode for High-Performance Lithium/Sulfur Batteries. Nanoscale Research Letters. 2015;10(1).
42. Hulicova-Jurcakova D, Seredych M, Lu GQ, Bandosz TJ. Combined Effect of Nitrogen- and Oxygen-Containing Functional Groups of Microporous Activated Carbon on its Electrochemical Performance in Supercapacitors. Advanced Functional Materials. 2009;19(3):438-47.
43. Mashayekhi A, Hosseini SM, Hassanpour Amiri M, Namdar N, Sanaee Z. Plasma-assisted nitrogen doping of VACNTs for efficiently enhancing the supercapacitor performance. Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 2016;18(6).
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 952
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 573