|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||106,277,534|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||83,173,118|
Analysis of Strengthening Mechanisms in an Artificially Aged Ultrafine Grain 6061 Aluminum Alloy
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|مقاله 10، دوره 50، شماره 2، اسفند 2017، صفحه 152-160 اصل مقاله (1.17 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/JUFGNSM.2017.02.10|
|Mohammad Reza Rezaei* 1؛ Mohammadreza Toroghinezhad2؛ Fakhreddin Ashrafizadeh2|
|1School of Engineering, Damghan University, Damghan, Iran.|
|2Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran.|
|The current study adopted a quantitative approach to investigating the mechanical properties, and their relationship to the microstructural features, of precipitation-strengthened 6061 aluminum alloy processed through accumulative roll bonding (ARB) and aging heat treatment. To serve this purpose, the contributions of different strengthening mechanisms including grain refinement, precipitation, dislocation and solid-solution strengthening to the yield strength of five-cycle ARB samples processed under pre-aged (ARBed) and aged (ARBed+Aged) conditions were examined and compared. Microstructural characterizations were performed on the samples through the transmission electron microscope (TEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). Also, the mechanical properties of the samples were investigated through the tensile test. The obtained results showed that an equiaxed ultrafine grain structure with nano-sized precipitates was created in the both ARBed and ARBed+Aged samples. The grain refinement was the predominant strengthening mechanism which was estimated to contribute 151 and 226 MPa to the ARBed and ARBed+Aged samples, respectively, while the dislocation and Orowan strengthening mechanisms were ranked second with regard to their contributions to the ARBed and ARBed+Aged samples, respectively. The overall yield strength, calculated through the root mean square summation method, was found to be in good agreement with the experimentally determined yield strength. It was also found that the presence of non-shearable precipitates, which interfered with the movement of the dislocations, would be effective for the simultaneous improvement of the strength and ductility of the ARBed+Agedsample .|
|Accumulative roll bonding (ARB)؛ Aging؛ Strengthening mechanisms؛ Microstructure؛ Mechanical properties|
1. Wen H, Topping TD, Isheim D, Seidman DN, Lavernia EJ. Strengthening mechanisms in a high-strength bulk nanostructured Cu–Zn–Al alloy processed via cryomilling and spark plasma sintering. Acta Materialia. 2013;61(8):2769-82.
2. Shen J, Li Y, Li F, Yang H, Zhao Z, Kano S, et al. Microstructural characterization and strengthening mechanisms of a 12Cr-ODS steel. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2016;673:624-32.
3. Kamikawa N, Sato K, Miyamoto G, Murayama M, Sekido N, Tsuzaki K, et al. Stress–strain behavior of ferrite and bainite with nano-precipitation in low carbon steels. Acta Materialia. 2015;83:383-96.
4. Azushima A, Kopp R, Korhonen A, Yang DY, Micari F, Lahoti GD, et al. Severe plastic deformation (SPD) processes for metals. CIRP Annals. 2008;57(2):716-35.
5. Goto M, Kamil K, Han SZ, Euh K, Kim SS, Yokoho Y. Effects of grain refinement due to severe plastic deformation on the growth behavior of small cracks in copper. International Journal of Fatigue. 2013;50:63-71.
6. Faraji G, Yavari P, Aghdamifar S, Mashhadi MM. Mechanical and Microstructural Properties of Ultra-fine Grained AZ91 Magnesium Alloy Tubes Processed via Multi Pass Tubular Channel Angular Pressing (TCAP). Journal of Materials Science & Technology. 2014;30(2):134-8.
7. Riahi M, Ehsanian MH, Asgari A, Djavanroodi F. On a novel severe plastic deformation method: severe forward extrusion (SFE). The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2017;93(1-4):1041-50.
8. Ortiz-Cuellar E, Hernandez-Rodriguez MAL, García-Sanchez E. Evaluation of the tribological properties of an Al–Mg–Si alloy processed by severe plastic deformation. Wear. 2011;271(9-10):1828-32.
9. Khatami R, Fattah-alhosseini A, Mazaheri Y, Keshavarz MK, Haghshenas M. Microstructural evolution and mechanical properties of ultrafine grained AA2024 processed by accumulative roll bonding. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2017;93(1-4):681-9.
10. Mohammad Nejad Fard N, Mirzadeh H, Mohammad R, Cabrera J-M. Accumulative Roll Bonding of Aluminum/Stainless Steel Sheets. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2017;50 (1):1-5
11. Tsuji N, Iwata T, Sato M, Fujimoto S, Minamino Y. Aging behavior of ultrafine grained Al–2 wt%Cu alloy severely deformed by accumulative roll bonding. Science and Technology of Advanced Materials. 2004;5(1-2):173-80.
12. Yu H, Su L, Lu C, Tieu K, Li H, Li J, et al. Enhanced mechanical properties of ARB-processed aluminum alloy 6061 sheets by subsequent asymmetric cryorolling and ageing. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2016;674:256-61.
13. Rezaei MR, Toroghinejad MR, Ashrafizadeh F. Effects of ARB and ageing processes on mechanical properties and microstructure of 6061 aluminum alloy. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2011;211(6):1184-90.
14. Terada D, Kaneda Y, Horita Z, Matsuda K, Hirosawa S, Tsuji N. Mechanical properties and microstructure of 6061 aluminum alloy severely deformed by ARB process and subsequently aged at low temperatures. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2014;63:012088.
15. Dadbakhsh S, Karimi Taheri A, Smith CW. Strengthening study on 6082 Al alloy after combination of aging treatment and ECAP process. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2010;527(18-19):4758-66.
16. Chou C-Y, Hsu C-W, Lee S-L, Wang K-W, Lin J-C. Effects of heat treatments on AA6061 aluminum alloy deformed by cross-channel extrusion. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2008;202(1-3):1-6.
17. Sivasankaran S, Sivaprasad K, Narayanasamy R, Iyer VK. Effect of strengthening mechanisms on cold workability and instantaneous strain hardening behavior during grain refinement of AA 6061-10wt.% TiO2 composite prepared by mechanical alloying. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2010;507(1):236-44.
18. Sahu P, De M, Kajiwara S. Microstructural characterization of stress-induced martensites evolved at low temperature in deformed powders of Fe–Mn–C alloys by the Rietveld method. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2002;346(1-2):158-69.
19. Alizadeh M, Paydar MH. High-strength nanostructured Al/B4C composite processed by cross-roll accumulative roll bonding. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2012;538:14-9.
20. Alihosseini H, Asle Zaeem M, Dehghani K, Faraji G. Producing high strength aluminum alloy by combination of equal channel angular pressing and bake hardening. Materials Letters. 2015;140:196-9.
21. Fleischer RL. Solution hardening by tetragonal dist ortions: Application to irradiation hardening in F.C.C. crystals. Acta Metallurgica. 1962;10(9):835-42.
23. Amirkhanlou S, Ketabchi M, Parvin N, Orozco-Caballero A, Carreño F. Homogeneous and ultrafine-grained metal matrix nanocomposite achieved by accumulative press bonding as a novel severe plastic deformation process. Scripta Materialia. 2015;100:40-3.
24. Yoo SJ, Han SH, Kim WJ. Strength and strain hardening of aluminum matrix composites with randomly dispersed nanometer-length fragmented carbon nanotubes. Scripta Materialia. 2013;68(9):711-4.
25. Ma K, Wen H, Hu T, Topping TD, Isheim D, Seidman DN, et al. Mechanical behavior and strengthening mechanisms in ultrafine grain precipitation-strengthened aluminum alloy. Acta Materialia. 2014;62:141-55.
26. Rezaei MR, Shabestari SG, Razavi SH. Effect of ECAP consolidation temperature on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Al-Cu-Ti metallic glass reinforced aluminum matrix composite. Journal of Materials Science & Technology. 2017;33(9):1031-8.
27. Ye XX, Chen B, Shen JH, Umeda J, Kondoh K. Microstructure and strengthening mechanism of ultrastrong and ductile Ti-xSn alloy processed by powder metallurgy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2017;709:381-93.
28. Humphreys FJ, Hatherly M. Recrystallization of Two-Phase Alloys. Recrystallization and Related Annealing Phenomena: Elsevier; 2004. p. 285-319.
29. Chen XH, Lu L, Lu K. Grain size dependence of tensile properties in ultrafine-grained Cu with nanoscale twins. Scripta Materialia. 2011;64(4):311-4.
30. Malopheyev S, Kulitskiy V, Kaibyshev R. Deformation structures and strengthening mechanisms in an AlMgScZr alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2017;698:957-66.
31. Takata N, Ohtake Y, Kita K, Kitagawa K, Tsuji N. Increasing the ductility of ultrafine-grained copper alloy by introducing fine precipitates. Scripta Materialia. 2009;60(7):590-3.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 918
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 898