|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||103,714,743|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||81,504,224|
Grain Refinement and Enhancement of Mechanical Properties of Hot Extruded Rare-Earth Containing Magnesium Alloy
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|مقاله 8، دوره 50، شماره 2، اسفند 2017، صفحه 132-136 اصل مقاله (1.09 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/JUFGNSM.2017.02.08|
|Bita Pourbahari1؛ Hamed Mirzadeh 2؛ Massoud Emamy1|
|1School of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran|
|2School of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran|
|The effects of rare earth addition and hot extrusion process on the grain refinement of magnesium alloy were studied. The as-cast Mg-6Al-1Zn (AZ61) alloy had the average grain size of ~ 64 µm and its microstructure consisted of α-Mg and Mg17Al12 phase. By partial substitution of Al with Gd to reach Mg-4.8Gd-1.2Al-1Zn alloy, it was observed that the Mg17Al12 phase disappeared and two new intermetallic phases, i.e. (Mg,Al)3Gd and Al2Gd, were identified. The extrusion process showed significant effects on the shape and size of intermetallics and grain size of the matrix. The grain size of the extruded Mg-6Al-1Zn alloy was refined from 64 µm to 13.4 µm as a result of recrystallization. Regarding the Mg-4.8Gd-1.2Al-1Zn alloy, the grain refinement was much more pronounced, where the extruded grain size has been refined from 698 µm to 2.4 µm (extruded at 385 °C) and 1.3 µm (extruded at 320 °C). This was related to the presence of fine and widely dispersed intermetallic phases. Tensile strength and total elongation of extruded alloys were much higher than their as-cast counterparts and the extruded Mg-6Zn-1Al alloy showed magnificent mechanical properties. The latter was related to the absence of intermetallic particles, which act as stress risers.|
|Magnesium alloys؛ Rare-earth addition؛ Microstructure؛ Tensile properties|
1. Zhang X, Ba Z, Wang Z, Wu Y, Xue Y. Effect of LPSO structure on mechanical properties and corrosion behavior of as-extruded GZ51K magnesium alloy. Materials Letters. 2016;163:250-3.
2. Jiang MG, Xu C, Nakata T, Yan H, Chen RS, Kamado S. Rare earth texture and improved ductility in a Mg-Zn-Gd alloy after high-speed extrusion. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2016;667:233-9.
3. Yang J, Wang L, Wang L, Zhang H. Microstructures and mechanical properties of the Mg–4.5Zn–xGd (x=0, 2, 3 and 5) alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2008;459(1-2):274-80.
4. Wu J, Chiu YL, Jones IP. Effect of Gd on the microstructure of as-cast Mg-4.2Zn-0.8Y (at.%) alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;661:455-60.
5. Wang X, Du W, Liu K, Wang Z, Li S. Microstructure, tensile properties and creep behaviors of as-cast Mg–2Al–1Zn–xGd (x=1, 2, 3, and 4wt.%) alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2012;522:78-84.
6. Bayat Tork N, Razavi SH, Saghafian H, Mahmudi R. Microstructural Evolution and Mechanical Properties of the As-Cast and Extruded Mg-Gd Alloys. Advanced Engineering Materials. 2015;18(1):156-61.
7. Zhang J-l, Liu Y-l, Liu J, Yu Y-c, Wang S-b. The effect of Gd element and solution treatment on the microstructure of AZ31 magnesium alloy and its kinetic model. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;663:610-6.
8. Li WP, Zhou H, Li ZF. Effect of gadolinium on microstructure and rolling capability of AZ31 alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2009;475(1-2):227-32.
9. Chang HW, Qiu D, Taylor JA, Easton MA, Zhang MX. The role of Al2Y in grain refinement in Mg–Al–Y alloy system. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys. 2013;1(2):115-21.
10. Jiang B, Liu W, Qiu D, Zhang M-X, Pan F. Grain refinement of Ca addition in a twin-roll-cast Mg–3Al–1Zn alloy. Materials Chemistry and Physics. 2012;133(2-3):611-6.
11. Pourbahari B, Emamy M, Mirzadeh H. Synergistic effect of Al and Gd on enhancement of mechanical properties of magnesium alloys. Progress in Natural Science: Materials International. 2017;27(2):228-35.
12. Li C-j, Sun H-f, Li X-w, Zhang J-l, Fang W-b, Tan Z-y. Microstructure, texture and mechanical properties of Mg-3.0Zn-0.2Ca alloys fabricated by extrusion at various temperatures. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2015;652:122-31.
13. Asqardoust S, Zarei-Hanzaki A, Fatemi SM, Moradjoy-Hamedani M. High temperature deformation behavior and microstructural evolutions of a high Zr containing WE magnesium alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;669:108-16.
14. Roostaei M, Parsa MH, Mahmudi R, Mirzadeh H. Hot compression behavior of GZ31 magnesium alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2015;631:1-6.
15. Askariani SA, Hasan Pishbin SM. Hot deformation behavior of Mg-4Li-1Al alloy via hot compression tests. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;688:1058-65.
16. Shalbafi M, Roumina R, Mahmudi R. Hot deformation of the extruded Mg–10Li–1Zn alloy: Constitutive analysis and processing maps. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2017;696:1269-77.
17. Huang X, Chino Y, Yuasa M, Ueda H, Inoue M, Kido F, et al. Microstructure and mechanical properties of AZX912 magnesium alloy extruded at different temperatures. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2017;679:162-71.
18. Fatemi-Varzaneh SM, Zarei-Hanzaki A, Beladi H. Dynamic recrystallization in AZ31 magnesium alloy. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2007;456(1-2):52-7.
19. Biswas S, Beausir B, Toth LS, Suwas S. Evolution of texture and microstructure during hot torsion of a magnesium alloy. Acta Materialia. 2013;61(14):5263-77.
20. Karami M, Mahmudi R. Hot shear deformation constitutive analysis and processing map of extruded Mg–12Li–1Zn bcc alloy. Materials & Design. 2014;53:534-9.
21. Lee YC, Dahle AK, StJohn DH. The role of solute in grain refinement of magnesium. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. 2000;31(11):2895-906.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 780
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 608