- Araqi, H., Tehrani far, A., Shoor, M., Abedi, B. & Selah Varzi, Y. (2011). Effects of freezing stress on EC, proline content and its relationship with re-growthin some of the grape cultivars. Iranian Journal of Small Fruits, 1, 79-93. (in Farsi)
- Ashraf, M. & Foolad, M. R. (2007). Roles of glycine betaine and proline in improving plant abiotic stress resistance. Journal of Environmental and Experimental Botany, 59, 206-216.
- Atashkar, D. & Ebadi, A.S. (1999). The mechanism of falconry in Iranian grape varieties and assessment of the effect of boron on their fertility. M. Sc. Thesis in Horticulture. University of Tehran. (in Farsi)
- Babalar, M., Asghari, M., Talebi, A. R. & Khosroshahi, A. (2007). Effect of pre- and postharvest salicylic acid treatment on ethylene production, fungal decay and overall quality of Selva strawberry fruit. Journal of Food Chemistry, 105, 449-453.
- Baghbanha, M., Fotouhi Qazvini, R., Hatamzadeh, A. & Heidari, M. (2007). Effect of salicylic acid on tolerance to freezing stress in lemon seedlings of Shiraz. Iranian Journal of Horticulture, 3, 185- (in Farsi)
- Balanian, H., Zamani, Z., Fattahi Moghadam, M. & Babalar, M. 2015. Evaluation of some index related to freezing resistance in a number of cultivars and genotype of pomegranate. Ph.D. thesis. University of Tehran. (in Farsi)
- Balasundram, N., Sundram, K. & Samman, S. (2007). Phenolic compounds in plants and agriindustrial by products: Antioxidant activity, occurrence, and potential uses. Journal of Food Chemistry, 99, 191-203.
- Barka, E. A. & Audran, J. C. (1977). Response of champenoise grapevine to low temperature: change of shoot and bud proline concentration in response to low temperature and correlation with freezing tolerance. Journal of Horticultural Science, 72, 557-582.
- Barranco, D., Ruiz, N. & Capo, M. G. (2005). Frost tolerance of eight olive cultivars. Journal of Horticulture Science, 40, 558-560.
- Bates, I., Waldern, R. P. & Teare, I. D. (1973). Rapid determination of free proline for water stress studies. Journal of Plant and Soil, 39, 205-207.
- Bhattacharjee, S. & Mukherjee, K. (2002). Salt stress induced cytosolute accumulation, antioxidant response and membrane deterioration in three rice cultivars during early germination. Journal of Seed Science and Technology, 30, 279-291.
- Bigras, F. J. (1997). Root cold tolerance of black spruce seedlings: viability tests in relation to survival and regrowth. Journal of Tree Physiology, 17, 311-318.
- Bittenbender, H. C. & Howell, G. S. (1974). Adaptation of Spearman-Karber method for estimating the T50 of cold stressed plants. Journal of American Horticultural Science, 99, 187-190.
- Borsani, O., Valpuesta, V. & Botella, M. A. (2001). Evidence for a role of salicylic acid in the oxidative damage generated by NaCl and osmotic stress in Arabidopsis Journal of Plant Physiology, 126, 1024-1030.
- Bowers, M. C. (1994). Environmental effects of cold on plants. In: Wilkinson, R.E. (Ed.), Plant-Environment Interactions. Marcel Dekker, New York.
- Cao, S., Hu, Z., Zheng, Y. & Lu, B. (2010). Synergistic effect of heat treatment and salicylic acid on alleviating internal browning in cold-stored peach fruit. Journal of Postharvest Biological Technology, 58, 93-97.
- Ceccardi, T. & Ting, I. (1996). Effect of temperature and water stresses on gas exchange, fluorescence kinetics, and solute levels of jojoba. Journal of Industrial Crops and Products, 5, 279-290.
- Chalker-Scott, L. (1988). Relationships between endogenous phenolic compounds of rhododendron tissues and organs and cold hardiness development. Oregon State University, USA, Ph.D. dissertation.
- Chan, Z. & Tian, S. (2006). Induction of H2O2 metabolizing enzyme and total protein synthesis by antagonistic yeast and salicylic acid in harvested sweet cherry. Journal of Postharvest Biology and Technology, 39, 314-320.
- Chat, J. (1995). Cold hardiness within the genus Journal of Horticultural Science, 30, 329-332.
- Chow, H. H., Cai, Y., Hakim, I. A., Crowell, J. A., Shahi, F. & Brooks, C. A. (2003). Pharmacokinetics and safety of green tea polyphenols after multiple-dose administration of epigallocatechin gallate and polyphenon E in healthy individuals. Journal of Clin Cancer Rescerch, 9, 3312-3319.
- Coombe, B. (1995). Growth stages of the grapevine: Adoption of a system for identifying grapevine growth stages. Journal of Grape and Wine Research. 1, 104-110.
- Dexter, S.T., Tottingham, W. E. & Graber, L. F. (1932). Investigations of the hardiness of plants by measurement of electrical conductivity. Journal of Plant Physiology, 7, 63-78.
- El-Tayeb, M. A. (2005). Response of barley grains to the interactive effect of salinity and salicylic acid. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 45, 215-224.
- Ershadi, A. & Taheri, S. (2013). Effect of salicylic acid on spring frost tolerance in grapes of Bidaneh sefid. Iranian Journal of Crops Improvement, 2, 135-146. (in Farsi)
- Eraslan, F., Inal, A., Pilbeam, D. J. & Gunes, A. (2008). Interactive effects of salicylic acid and silicon on oxidative damage and antioxidant activity in spinach (Spinacia oleracea CV. Matador) grown under boron toxicity and salinity. Journal of Plant Growth Regulators, 55, 207-219.
- FAO, http://www.fao.org/corp/statistics/en.
- Fennell, A. (2004). Freezing tolerance and injury in grapevines: Adaptations and responses of woody plants to environmental stresses. The Haworth Press.
- Ghasemi Soloklui, A.A. Ershadi, A. & Fallahi, E. (2012). Evaluation of cold hardiness in seven Iranian commercial pomegranate (Punica granatum) cultivars. Horticulture Science, 47, 1821-1825.
- Gomezdel Campo, M. & Barranco, D. (2005). Field evaluation of frost tolerance in 10 olive cultivars. Journal of Plant Genetic Research, 3, 385-390.
- Guo, S., Yang, Q., Yang, X., Liu, Y., Qi, J. & Bi, Y. (2007). Effects of salicylic acid on cold resistance during flowering period and fruit sitting rate in Apricot. Science and Technology, 4, 107-116.
- Gusta, L. V., Trischuk, R. & Weiser, C.J. (2005). Plant cold acclimation: the role of abscisic acid. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 24, 308-318.
- Guy, C. L. (2003). Cold acclimation and freezing stress tolerance: role of protein metabolism. Annual Review in Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology, 41, 187-223.
- Heath, L. R. & Packer, L. (1968). Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplasts. Kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 125, 189-198.
- Henriques, F., Guine, R. & Barroca, M. J. (2012). Chemical properties of pumpkin dried by different methods. Journal of Food Technology and Biotechnology, 7, 98-105.
- Holubowicz, T. Cummins, J. N. & Forsline, P.L. (1982). Responses of Malus clones to programmed low-temperature stresses in late winter. Horticultural Science, 107, 492-496.
- Inze, D. & Van Montagu, M. (2002). Oxidative Stress in Plants. Taylor & Francis, London.
- Janda T., Szalai, G., Tari I. & Paldi, E. (1999). Hydroponic treatment with salicylic acid decreases the effects of chilling injury in maize (Zea mays) plants. Journal of Planta, 208, 175-180.
- Kafi, M. & Mahdavi Damghani, A. S. (2002). Resistance mechanisms of plants to environmental stresses (translation). Ferdowsi University Press, Mashhad. (in Farsi)
- Kang, G. Z. Wang, Z. X. & Sun, G. (2003). Participation of H2O2 in enhancement of cold chilling by salicylic acid in banana seedlings. Journal of Acta Botanica Sinica, 45, 567-573.
- Karimi, R., Ershadi, A., Sna Ashari, M., Mashhadi, M. & Boojar, A. (2014). Seasonal changes in the content of soluble proteins, total phenol and malondialdehyde, and their relationship with cold resistance of some grape cultivars. Iranian Journal of Crops Improvement, 16, 999-1013. (In Farsi)
- Kaviani, B., Bernad, F., Shaker, H. & Hadadchi, H. (2005). Effects of salicylic acid on the resistance of the embryonic axis of bitter olive (Melia azedarach) against cold and cold freezing. Quarterly Pajouhesh-va-Sazandegi, 44, 49-67. (in Farsi)
- Kavoosi, B., Eshghi, S. & Tafazzoli, A. (2012). Response of Vitis vinifera ‘Askari’ to winter cold damages. Journal of Research in Crop and Garden Plants, 1, 37-49. (in Farsi)
- Kezeli, T. A. & Beridze, A. G. (1986). Structural and histochemical changes in one-year grapevine shoots in relation to frost resistance. Fiziol. Morozoustoich.Vinograd. Lozy.
- Khorramshahi, L. (2012). The Effect of thiofer and salicylic acid on spring resistance to walnut trees. Master's Thesis. Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan. (in Farsi)
- Lawes, G. S., Cheong, S. T. & Alvarez, H. V. (1995). The effect of freezing temperatures on buds and stem cuttings of Actinidia Journal of Horticultural Science, 1, 12-16.
- Lee, G. S. & Hong, J. H. (2002). Effect of Salicylic Acid on growth and chilling tolerance of cucumber seedlings. Journal of Environmental Science International, 11, 1173-1181.
- Linden, L. (2002). Measuring cold hardiness in woody plants. Department of Applied Biology, Horticulture, Academic dissertation. University of Helsinki. Finland. 57 P.
- Luo, Y. L., Su, Z. L., Bi, T. J., Cui, X. L. & Lan, Q. Y. (2014). Salicylic acid improves chilling tolerance by affecting antioxidant enzymes and osmoregulators in sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubilis). Journal of Botany, 37, 357-363.
- Mahajan, Sh. & Narendra, T. (2005). Cold, salinity and drought stresses: An overview. Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 444, 139-158.
- Malone, S. R. & Ashworth, E. N. (1991). Freezing stress response in woody tissues observed using low-temperature scanning electron microscopy and freeze substitution techniques. Journal of Plant Physiology, 95, 871-881.
- Nejatyan, M. (2012). Selection of cold tolerant clones in Iranian Bidaneh grape varieties. Journal of Seed and Plant Improvment, 28, 519-524. (in Farsi)
- Nzokou, P. & Nikiema, P. (2008). The influence of three plant growth regulators on susceptibility to cold injury following warm winter spellsin Fraser fir (Abies fraseri) and Colorado blue spruce (Picea pungens). Journal of Horticultural Science, 43, 742-746.
- Paul, E. R. & Gamet, S. (2008). Anatomy of the Freeze of 2007: Assessing Damage, Repair and Vineyard Restoration. University of Nebraska Viticulture Program. 35 pp.
- Pietsch, G. M., Anderson, N. O. & Li, P. H. (2009). Cold tolerance and short day acclimation in perennial Gaura coccinea and drummondii. Journal of Horticultural Science, 120, 418-425.
- Prasad, T. G. (1996). Mechanisms of chilling-induced oxidative stress injury and tolerance in developing maize seedling: changes in antioxidant system, oxidation of proteins and lipids, and protease activities. Journal of Plant, 10, 1017-1026.
- Rezayatmand, Z., Khavarinejad, R. & Asghari, Gh. (2013). The Effect of salicylic acid on some physiological and biochemical indices of Artemisia aucheri under salt stress. Journal of Plant Biology, 16, 57-70. (in Farsi)
- Sajjadian, H. (2011). Effect of salicylic acid on cold resistance of pistachio ‘Badami’ seedlings using ionic leakage. 7th Congress of Iranian Horticultural Science, Isfahan University of Technology-September 2011, 132-134. (in Farsi)
- Sakai, A. & Larcher, W. (1987). Frost survival of plants: responses and adaptation to freezing stress (Vol. 62): Springer Science & Business Media.
- Santini, J., Giannettini, J., Pailly, O., Herbette, S., Ollitrault, P., Berti, L. & Luro, F. (2013). Comparison of photosynthesis and antioxidant performance of several Citrus and Fortunella species (Rutaceae) under natural chilling stress. Journal of Trees Structure and Function, 13, 1-8.
- Sayyari, M., Babalar, M., Kalantari, S., Serrano, M. & Valero, D. (2009). Effect of salicylic acid treatment on reducing chilling injury in stored pomegranates. Journal of Postharvest Biology Technology, 53, 152-154.
- Shakirova, F. M., Sakhabutdinova, A. R., Bezrukova, M. V., Fatkhutdinova, R. A. & Fatkhutdinova, D. R. (2003). Changes in the hormonal status of wheat seedlings induced by salicylic acid and salinity. Journal of Plant Science, 164, 317-322.
- Shoor, M., Tehranifar, A., Nemati, S. H., Salahwarzi, Y. & Mokhtarian, A. (2009). Investigation and determination of frost resistance and freezing of three cultivars of grapes in northern Khorasan. Journal of Environmental Stresses Agricultural Sciences, 2, 159-169. (in Farsi)
- Somogyi, J. & Nelson, D. (1952). A critical examination of the Nelson-Somogyi method for the determination of reduced sugar. Journal of Analytical Biochemistry, 15, 373-381.
- Viti, R. & Bartolini, S. (1998). Changes in SH-containing compounds and catalase activity in apricot flower bud during the winter season. Journal of Scientia Horticulturae, 73, 1-9.
- Viti, R. Bartolini, S. & Andreini, L. (2010). Flower bud frost tolerance of several Italian apricot genotypes. Horticultural Science, 5, 185-192.
- Yousefi, M. (2008). The effect of freezing on electrolyte leakage of 10 almond cultivars and wild almond species in Isfahan. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, 45, 1-9. (in Farsi)
- Wang, L. J. & Li, S. H. (2006). Salicylic acid-induced heat or cold tolerance in relation to Ca2+ homeostasis and antioxidant systems in young grape plants. Journal of Plant Science, 170, 685-694.
- Zabadal, T. J., Dami, I. E., Goffmet, M. C., Martinson, T. E. & Chien, M. L. (2007). Winter injury to grapevines and methods of protection. Michigan State University Extension Bulletin E2930.