|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||108,083,039|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||84,491,902|
The effect of twinning on texture evolution during ECAP processing of an AM30 magnesium alloy
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|مقاله 2، دوره 52، شماره 2، اسفند 2019، صفحه 142-148 اصل مقاله (2.83 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/jufgnsm.2019.02.02|
|Seyed Mahmood Fatemi* ؛ Ali Akbar Kazemi Asl؛ Amir Abedi|
|Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University, Lavizan, Tehran, Iran.|
|An AM30 magnesium alloy was processed through ECAP method at 200 °C. Optical and transmission electron microscopy as well as electron back scattered diffraction (EBSD) technique were employed to characterize the deformed microstructure. A partially recrystallized microstructure including ultrafine/nano structures was obtained. The area fraction of 49% was measured for the recrystallized regions, where grains of 95 nm to 1 micron were detected. X-ray diffraction pole figure measurements were conducted to assess the final texture. The processed material exhibited moderate randomized texture including three basal pole peaks denoting the effect of dynamic recrystallization on deformation texture. TEM analysis confirmed the contribution of nano twinning during deformation of AM30 alloy. EBSD characterization implied that extension twin may contribute to the nucleation of new grains and thereby to be related to texture evolution. The apparent crossing pattern of intersected extension twins provided fine domains with high angle grain boundaries, which act as DRX nuclei. The formation of intersection boundaries also plays a critical role in pileup of dislocations and provide a local high stored-energy for dynamic recrystallization nucleation site. The aforementioned recrystallization mechanisms generally adopt orientations which are different from those produced by conventional recrystallization mechanisms, and thus it offers a route to manipulate the texture.|
|recrystallization؛ texture؛ twinning؛ magnesium|
3. Xue Y, Chen S, Liu H, Zhang Z, Ren L, Bai B. Effect of Cyclic Expansion-Extrusion Process on Microstructure, Deformation and Dynamic Recrystallization Mechanisms, and Texture Evolution of AZ80 Magnesium Alloy. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. 2019;2019:1-10.
5. Üçel İB, Kapan E, Türkoğlu O, Aydıner CC. In situ investigation of strain heterogeneity and microstructural shear bands in rolled Magnesium AZ31. International Journal of Plasticity. 2019;118:233-51.
7. Kwak TY, Kim WJ. Effect of refinement of grains and icosahedral phase on hot compressive deformation and processing maps of Mg-Zn-Y magnesium alloys with different volume fractions of icosahedral phase. Journal of Materials Science & Technology. 2019;35(1):181-91.
8. Zhao F, Ding X, Cui R, Fan X, Li Y, Shuang Y. Research on microstructure and texture of as-extruded AZ31 magnesium alloy during thermal compression. Journal of Materials Research. 2019;34(12):2114-25.
9. Wang Z, Guan Y, Wang T, Zhang Q, Wei X, Fang X, et al. Microstructure and mechanical properties of AZ31 magnesium alloy sheets processed by constrained groove pressing. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2019;745:450-9.
11. Mokdad F, Chen DL, Li DY. Twin-twin interactions and contraction twin formation in an extruded magnesium alloy subjected to an alteration of compressive direction. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2018;737:549-60.
14. Guan D, Rainforth WM, Ma L, Wynne B, Gao J. Twin recrystallization mechanisms and exceptional contribution to texture evolution during annealing in a magnesium alloy. Acta Materialia. 2017;126:132-44.
16. Estrin Y, Yi SB, Brokmeier HG, Zúberová Z, Yoon SC, Kim HS, et al. Microstructure, texture and mechanical properties of the magnesium alloy AZ31 processed by ECAP. International Journal of Materials Research. 2008;99(1):50-5.
17. Martynenko N, Lukyanova E, Serebryany V, Prosvirnin D, Terentiev V, Raab G, et al. Effect of equal channel angular pressing on structure, texture, mechanical and in-service properties of a biodegradable magnesium alloy. Materials Letters. 2019;238:218-21.
18. Mostaed E, Hashempour M, Fabrizi A, Dellasega D, Bestetti M, Bonollo F, et al. Microstructure, texture evolution, mechanical properties and corrosion behavior of ECAP processed ZK60 magnesium alloy for biodegradable applications. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 2014;37:307-22.
24. Jiang MG, Xu C, Yan H, Fan GH, Nakata T, Lao CS, et al. Unveiling the formation of basal texture variations based on twinning and dynamic recrystallization in AZ31 magnesium alloy during extrusion. Acta Materialia. 2018;157:53-71.
26. Sun Q, Zhang X, Ren Y, Tan L, Tu J. Observations on the intersection between 101̅2 twin variants sharing the same zone axis in deformed magnesium alloy. Materials Characterization. 2015;109:160-3.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 933
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 620