|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||103,502,845|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||81,439,070|
Effects of Foliar Application of Potassium and Zinc on Pistachio (Pistacia vera L.) Fruit Yield
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|مقاله 10، دوره 6، شماره 1، شهریور 2019، صفحه 113-123 اصل مقاله (493.3 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2019.278757.286|
|Mohammadmehdi Norozi1؛ Babak ValizadehKaji 1؛ Rouhollah Karimi2؛ Mohammadali Nikoogoftar Sedghi1|
|1Department of Horticultural Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Arak University, Arak, Iran|
|2Department of Landscape Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Malayer University, Iran|
|The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of foliar applications of potassium and zinc on the fruit yield and quality as well as leaf nutrient concentrations of pistachio cv. ‘Chrokeh’. The experiment was conducted based on a completely randomized block design with nine treatments and three replications per treatment. Treatments were three levels of K2SO4 (0, 1 and 2%) and three levels of ZnSO4 (0, 0.5 and 1%). The nutrition solutions were sprayed on trees at two times (bud swell stage and green tip stage) in 2017–2018. Based on the obtained results, nutrient treatments especially 1% K2SO4+1% ZnSO4 and 2% K2SO4+1% ZnSO4 caused a significant increase in chlorophyll a, chlorophyll b, total chlorophyll and carotenoid contents. Application of K2SO4 and ZnSO4 significantly affected concentrations of P, K, Mg, Zn, Mn and Fe in the leaves of ‘Chrokeh’ pistachio, whereas nutrient treatments had no significant effect on leaf concentration of N. Nutrient treatments especially 2% K2SO4+1% ZnSO4 led to significant increases in the fresh (up to 65%) and dry (up to 67%) yield when compared with the control trees. Moreover, nutrient applications had a significant effect on the percentage of splitting (an 11 % increase) and blankness (a 26% decrease). It can be concluded that foliar application of K and Zn fertilizers is necessary for obtaining better fruit yield and quality in pistachio.|
|Blankness؛ Nutrition؛ Pistachio؛ Splitting؛ yield|
10. FAOSTAT 2016. http://www.faostat.fao.org
11. Ferguson L, Polito V, Kallsen C. 2005. The pistachio tree: Botany and physiology and factor that affect yield. In Pistachio production manual, 4th ed., L. E. Ferguson. 31-39. Oakland: Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of California.
12. Fernández V, Sotiropoulos T, Brown P.H. 2013. Foliar fertilization. In: Scientific Principles and Field Practices. International Fertilizer Industry Association, Paris.
13. Girma K, Martin K.L, Freeman K.W, Mosali J, Teal R.K, Raun W.R, Moges S.M, Arnall D.B. 2007. Determination of optimum rate and growth for foliar applied phosphorus in corn. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 38, 1137-1154.
14. Hafez O.M, El-Metwally I.M. 2007. Efﬁciency of zinc and potassium sprays alone or in combination with some weed control treatments on weeds growth, yield and fruit quality of ‘Washington Navel’ orange orchards. Journal of Applied Sciences Research 3, 613-621.
15. Hasani M, Zamani Z, Savaghebi G, Fatahi R. 2012. Effects of zinc and manganese as foliar spray on pomegranate yield, fruit quality and leaf minerals. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 12, 471-480.
16. Hosseinifard S.J, Basirat M, Sedaghati N, Akhyaee A. 2016. Integrated management of soil fertility and plant nutrition in pistachio trees. Soil and water research institute. (in persian)
17. Hosseinifard S.J, Tajabadipour A, Panahi B, Zeyaeeyan A. 2005. Effects of K, Fe and Zn sulfate application on leaf nutrients and nut quality of mature pistachio trees. IV International Pistachio & Almond Symposium.Tehran, Iran.
18. Javanshah A, Alipour H, Hadavi F. 2005. A model for assessing the chill units received in Kerman and Rafsanjan areas. In IV International Symposium on Pistachios and Almonds 726, 221-226.
19. Johnson S, Brown P. 2012. Comparing the Efficiency of Different Foliarly-Applied Zinc Formulations on Peach and Pistachio Trees by Using 68Zn Isotope. California department of food and agriculture fertilizer research and education program.
20. Karimi R. 2017. Potassium-induced freezing tolerance is associated with endogenous abscisic acid, polyamines and soluble sugars changes in grapevine. Scientia Horticulturae 215, 184-194.
21. Keller M. 2010. The science of grapevines: anatomy and physiology. Academic Press, Burlington 400.
22. Keshavarz K, Vahdati K, Samar M, Azadegan B, Brown P.H. 2011. Foliar application of zinc and boron improves walnut vegetative and reproductive growth. HortTechnology 21(2), 181-186.
23. Khan A.S, Ullah W, Malik A.U, Ahmad R, Saleem B.A, Rajwana I.A. 2012. Exogenous applications of boron and zinc influence leaf nutrient status, tree growth and fruit quality of Feutrell’s early (Citrus reticulata Blanco). Pakistan journal of agricultural sciences 49, 113-119.
24. Kizilgoz I, Sakin E, Aslant N. 2010. The effect of zinc fertilization on the yield of Pistachio (Pistacia vera L.) grown under rainfed condition. African Journal of Agricultural Research 5, 3427-3430.
25. Marschner H. 2012. Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants. Academic Press Limited Harcourt Brace and Company, Publishers, London 347-364.
26. Obreza T.A, Zekri M, Hanlon E.A, Morgan K, Schumann A, Rouse R. 2010. Soil and Leaf Tissue Testing for Commercial Citrus Production. University of Florida Extension Service SL 253.
27. Ojeda-Barrios D.L, Perea-Portillo E, Hernández-Rodríguez O.A, Martínez-Téllez J, Abadía J, Lombardini L. 2014. Foliar fertilization with zinc in pecan trees. HortScience 49, 562-566.
28. Okay Y, Gunes N.T, Koksal A.I, Koroglu M, Alagoz R. 2010. The effects of pruning and fertilization applications on yield and some fruit characteristics of pistachio nuts (Pistacia vera L.). African Journal of Agricultural Research 5(24), 3417-3426.
29. Ramezani S, Shekafandeh A. 2011. Influence of Zn and K sprays on fruit and pulp growth in olive (Olea europaea L. cv. ‘Amygdalifolia’). Iran Agricultural Research 30, 1 and 2.
30. Razzaquea A.H.M, Hanafib M.M. 2001. Effect of potassium on growth, yield and quality of pineapple in tropical peat. Fruit 56, 45-49.
31. Reickenberg R.L, Pritts M.P. 1996. Dynamics of nutrient uptake from foliar fertilizers in red raspberry (Rubus idaeus L.). Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 121, 158-163.
32. Restrepo-Diaz H, Benlloch M, Fernandez-Escobar R. 2008. Plant water stress and K+ starvation reduce absorption of foliar applied K+ by olive leaves. Scientia Horticulturae 116, 409-413.
33. Sedaghati N, Shibani Tazaraji Z, Tajabadipour A, Hokmabadi H, Haghdel M, Abdollahi Ezatabadi M. 2008. Pistachio Production Manual. Publications of agricultural education and promotion. (in persian)
34. Shahriaripour R, Tajabadipour A. 2010. Zinc nutrition of pistachio: interaction of zinc with other trace elements. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 41, 1885-1888.
35. Sharma P.N, Kumar N, Bisht S.S. 1994. Effect of zinc deficiency on chlorophyll content, photosynthesis and water relations of cauliflower plants. Photosynthetica 30, 353-359.
36. Soliemanzadeh A, Mozafari V, Kamali M. 2014. Treatment of pistachio trees with zinc and copper in time of swollen bud in two consecutive years. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 45, 1025–1036.
37. Srivastava A.K, Singh S. 2009. Zinc nutrition in ‘Nagpur’ mandarin on Haplustert. Journal of Plant Nutrition 32, 1065-1081.
38. Swietlik D. 2002. Zinc nutrition of fruit trees by foliar sprays. Acta Horticulturae594, 123-129.
39. Tavallali V, Rahemi M. 2007. Effect of rootstock on nutrient acquisition by leaf, kernel and quality of pistachio (Pistacia vera L.). American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences 2(3), 240-246.
40. Tsipouridis C, Thomidis T, Zakinthinos I, Michilidis Z, Michaillides T. 2005. Treatment of pistachio with boric acid, Zn sulfate, and Zn chelate. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 25, 377-379.
41. Umer S, Bansal S.K, Imas P, Magen H. 1999. Effect of foliar fertilization of potassium on yield, quality and nutrient uptake of ground nut. Journal of plant nutrition 22, 1785-1795.
42. Usenik V, Stampar F. 2002. Effect of foliar application of zinc plus boron on sweet cherry fruit set and yield. Acta Horticulture 594, 245-249.
43. Waraich E.A, Ahmad R, Ashraf M.Y, Saifullah Ahmad M. 2011. Improving agricultural water use efficiency by nutrient management in crop plants. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B - Plant Soil Science 61(4), 291-304.
44. Wojcik P. 2007. Vegetative and reproductive responses of apple trees to zinc fertilization under conditions of acid coarse-textured soil. Journal of plant nutrition 30, 1791-1802.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 1,501
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 1,457