|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||103,599,090|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||81,449,931|
Investigation on the Deformation Behavior and Strain Distribution of Commercially Pure Aluminum after Circular Simple Shear Extrusion
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|مقاله 4، دوره 52، شماره 1، شهریور 2019، صفحه 32-42 اصل مقاله (1.34 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/JUFGNSM.2019.01.04|
|Alireza Rezvani ؛ Ramin Ebrahimi|
|Department of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran|
|Circular simple shear extrusion process was introduced as a new geometry for simple shear extrusion technique to fabricate ultrafine-grained materials. Similar to the simple shear extrusion method, this process is also based on direct extrusion, and the samples deform in a simple shear manner. In this investigation, the simulations were carried out using the commercial finite element code ABAQUS/Explicit and the process was performed experimentally on commercially pure aluminum (AA1050) samples. Besides, the optimized length of the deformation channel was measured, 26 mm using the commercial simulation package DEFORM 3D. The effects of back-pressure and processing routes on deformation behavior and hardness homogeneity were studied in the simulation and experiment. Uniaxial compression test, X-ray diffraction, and Vickers microhardness test were performed on the samples to determine the mechanical and microstructural properties. The experimental results were in good agreement with the ones obtained by simulation. It was found that in the practical approach with the absence of back-pressure, route D had the most homogeneous distribution of strain in the cross-section and throughout the length of the samples. The results of compression and microhardness tests showed that the mechanical properties of the samples were improved compared to the annealing state. Also, a significant reduction in crystallite size can be seen in the XRD results leading to an average crystallite size of 103 nm after 10 passes.|
|Circular Simple Shear Extrusion؛ Severe Plastic Deformation؛ Finite Element Analysis؛ Mechanical properties|
2. Fatemi M, Zarei-Hanzaki A. Review on ultrafined/nanostructured magnesium alloys produced through severe plastic deformation: microstructures. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2015 Dec 1;48(2):69-83.
4. Torabi M, Eivani AR, Jafarian H, Salehi MT. Re-strengthening in AA6063 Alloy During Equal Channel Angular Pressing. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2017 Dec 1;50(2):90-7.
6. Mohammad Nejad Fard N, Mirzadeh H, Mohammad R, Cabrera JM. Accumulative roll bonding of aluminum/stainless steel sheets. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2017 Jun 1;50(1):1-5.
11. Tork NB, Pardis N, Ebrahimi R. Investigation on the feasibility of room temperature plastic deformation of pure magnesium by simple shear extrusion process. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2013;560:34-9.
12. Ebrahimi R, Rezvani A, Bagherpour E. Circular simple shear extrusion as an alternative for simple shear extrusion technique for producing bulk nanostructured materials. Procedia Manufacturing. 2018;15:1502-8.
13. Rezvani A, Bagherpour E, Ebrahimi R. Circular Simple Shear Extrusion as an Alternative to Simple Shear Extrusion Technique. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering. 2018.
15. Ungár T, Dragomir I, Révész Á, Borbély A. The contrast factors of dislocations in cubic crystals: the dislocation model of strain anisotropy in practice. Journal of Applied Crystallography. 1999;32(5):992-1002.
17. Molaei S, Ebrahimi R, Abbasi Z. Upper Bound Analysis of Barrel Compression Test Using a New Velocity Field. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering. 2016;40(1):1-10.
18. Molaei SH, Shahbaz M, Ebrahimi R. The relationship between constant friction factor and coefficient of friction in metal forming using finite element analysis. Iranian Journal of Materials Forming. 2014 Oct 1;1:14-22.
19. ABAQUS™/CAE User's Manual. Dassault Systems. ABAQUS™ Ver. 6.14
22. Qiao XG, Starink MJ, Gao N. Hardness inhomogeneity and local strengthening mechanisms of an Al1050 aluminium alloy after one pass of equal channel angular pressing. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2009;513-514:52-8.
24. Reihanian M, Ebrahimi R, Tsuji N, Moshksar MM. Analysis of the mechanical properties and deformation behavior of nanostructured commercially pure Al processed by equal channel angular pressing (ECAP). Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2008;473(1-2):189-94.
25. Bagherpour E, Qods F, Ebrahimi R, Miyamoto H. Microstructure quantification of ultrafine grained pure copper fabricated by simple shear extrusion (SSE) technique. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2016;674:221-31.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 963
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 529