|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||108,019,445|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||84,450,611|
Orchard Management for Decreasing Date Palm Bunch Fading Disorder
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|مقاله 3، دوره 2، شماره 1، شهریور 2015، صفحه 27-32 اصل مقاله (371.9 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2015.54261|
|Mahmood Izadi* 1؛ Elham Aslmoshtaghi2|
|1Scientific faculty of Agricultural and Natural Resources Research and Education Center, Fars, Iran|
|2Department of Horticultural Science, College of Agriculture, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran|
|The date palm bunch fading disorder/disease is one of the greatest challenges faced by date palm growers. In the present study, the effect of appropriate orchard management on some qualitative and quantitative features of date palm bunch was studied. For this purpose, two orchards of cv ‘Kabkab’ with a history of previous incidence were selected in two districts of Bushehr province; Tangestan and Dashtestan. The orchards were divided into two parts; one as control and another as treated plants. On the treated part, some management practices such as plowing, leaf pruning, proper nutrition, regular irrigation, pollination, regulation of leaf-bunch ratio, thinning in pollination stage, control of weeds, pests and diseases were conducted scientifically while the control part was maintained with conventional local practices. During the treatment phase, all bunches in the Khalal stage were covered with a white cloth bag. The results from both treatment plots showed that proper orchard management can improve fruit yield (Dashtestan 52.2 kg tree-1, Tangestan 88.1 kg tree-1) and reduce the severity of symptoms and therefore reduce date palm bunch fading disorder.|
|fruit quality؛ khalal stage؛ rutab stage؛ tropical plants؛ yield|
10. Karampour, F. and. H. Pezhman. 2007. Study on Possible Influence of Pathogenic Fungi on Date Bunch Fading Disorder in Iran. Acta Hort. 736:431-439.
11. Karimipour Fard, F.H., M. Latifian. 2002. Study on Effects of Two Fungicides Captan a Karbendazim on DBF Disorder. Proceedings of 8th Iranian Specific Date Palm Conference, Kerman, Iran. pp 66-67.
12. Mara'shi, S., H. Pezhman. 2003. Study the Effects of Method of Thinning and Type of Coverage on Date Strand Drying Phenomenon. Date Palm and Tropical Research Institute- Iran. 39 p. (in Farsi).
13. Mirzaei, M., A. Davoodian, F. Karampour. 2001. Study on Influence of Management Measures of Date Palm Orchards on the Incidence of DBF Disorder. The Final Report Research Project. Agricultural Research Center of Hormozgan Province, Iran. 5p. (in Farsi).
14. Mansoori, B. 2012. Fusarium proliferatum Induces Gum in Xylem Vessels as the Cause of Date Bunch Fading in Iran. J. Agr. Sci. Tech. 14:1133-1140.
15. Pezhman, H., V. Roshan, E. Rahkhodaei. 2005. Study on Effects of Different Bunch Covers and Thinning Methods on Date Bunch Disorder. Report of the 23rd International Conference on Mango and Date Palm. Malik et al. (Eds), University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan, 233 p.
16. Poozesh Shirazi, M., R. Khademi, and M. Dehmollaei. 2004. Study on Influence of Some Meteorological Factors on Date Palm Bunch Drying Disorder in Bushehr Province. Agricultural Research Center of Bushehr, Iran. 26 p. (in Farsi).
17. Rahkhodaei, I. 2004. Study on Climatic Factors Effects on DBF Disorder. The Final Report of research Project. The DPTFRI, Ahwaz, Iran.38 p. (in Farsi).
18. Rousta, M. 2003. Influence of Potassium Sulfate and Calcium Chloride Spraying on DBF Disorder on cv. Mozafti. Iran. J. Water Soil Sci. 17(2):123–130. (in Farsi)
19. Rousta, M.J. 2004. Study of Foliar Application of Potassium Sulfate and Calcium Chloride on Date Bunch Fading Disorder of Mazafati Cultivar. Iran. J. Water Soil Sci. 17 (2):122-131. (in Farsi).
20. Sarhadi, J. and S. Ghalebi. 2004. The role of water custom on date bunch drying. The final report of investigational design. Jiroft and Kahnooj agricultural research center, Kerman, Iran.15 p. (in Farsi).
21. Saei, M. 2001. Study the Effect of Palm Orchard Managing Factors on Hardness of Date Strand Drying Phenomenon. Center of Agricultural Research of Jiroft – Iran. 7 p. (in Farsi).
22. Shirazi, M. P., M. Izadi, R. Khademi 2008. Study the Climatical Factors Effects on Bunch Fading Disorder of Date Palm in Southern Iran and the Methods of its Control. American-Eurasian J. Agr. Environ. Sci., 4 (5): 570-574
23. Tavakoli, A. 2002. Comparison of Hand and Chemical Thinning on Quality and Quantity of Fruit Yield and Alternate Bearing in Date Palm Cultivar Shahani. M.Sc. Dissertation Dept. Horticulture. Shiraz University, Iran. 113 p. (in Farsi).
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 2,422
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 2,050