|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||106,332,553|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||83,216,376|
Warning to pay more attention to fungal allergic asthma in children
|Journal of Mycology Research|
|مقاله 1، دوره 2، شماره 1، خرداد 2015، صفحه 1-2 اصل مقاله (188.91 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Article Commentary|
|Esmaeil Mortaz1؛ Seyyed Shamsadin Athari* 2|
|1Airways Disease Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK|
|2Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran|
|Asthma is a global problem that affects over 300 million people in the world. The main reason of asthma is allergy and atopy. Asthmatic patients are sensitized to allergens that can be resulting asthma attacks. Fungi as an allergen can be sensitized atopic people and present a severe asthma. Fungi have been found in water-damaged homes of asthmatic patients. Allergic asthma is associated with exposure to fungal contamination in building that fungal exposure is both outside and indoors. This sensitization could be associated with high asthma severity, reduced lung function, morbidity and mortality of patients, especially in pediatric asthma form. Fungal fragments and Spores could be found indoors what origins are from fungi present outdoors. Most fungi possess diverse allergens and are metabolic products secreted outside the organism or cytoplasmic and structural components released on lysis of the fungi. Sporulation is largely determined by temperature, humidity, and moisture. So, seasonal fluctuations and geographic region have main role in determination of sporulation|
|fungal؛ allergic asthma؛ children|
1. Garcia R., Athari SS., 2015. Overview of Relationship of Allergic Asthma with Diet and Food Intake. Journal of Food Quality and Hazards Control, 2:1-5.
2. Pourpak Z., Mozaffari H., Gharagozlou M., Daneshmandi Z., Moin M., 2008. Asthma in patients with atopic dermatitis. The Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 75(2):139-141
3. Sahlberg B., Mi YH., Norbäck D., 2009. Indoor environment in dwellings, asthma, allergies, and sick building syndrome in the Swedish population: a longitudinal cohort study from 1989 to 1997. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, 82(10):1211-1218
4. Pourfathollah AA., Beyzayi F., Khodadadi A., Athari SS., 2014. General overview of fungal allergic asthma. Journal of Mycology Research, 1(1): 35-41.
5. Kloek J., Mortaz E., van AI., Lilly CM., Nijkamp FP., Folkerts G., 2010. Glutathione prevents the early asthmatic reaction and airway hyperresponsiveness in guinea pigs. J Physiol Pharmacol, 61(1):67-72.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 1,853
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 1,165