|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||106,299,638|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||83,191,512|
Effect of Polyamines, 2, 4-D, Isopropyl Ester and Naphthalene Acetamide on Improving Fruit Yield and Quality of Date (Phoenix dactylifera L.)
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|مقاله 8، دوره 1، شماره 2، اسفند 2014، صفحه 163-169 اصل مقاله (374.93 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2014.52789|
|Kobra Tavakoli1؛ Majid Rahemi2|
|1Horticultural Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran|
|2Horticultural Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran.|
|This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of exogenous polyamines, isopropyl ester, 2, 4-D and naphthalene acetamide application on yield and quality of date palm of ‘Kabkab’ cultivar. The inflorescences sprayed with 2, 4-D isopropylester (0, 10, and 20 mg L-1), naphthalene acetamide (0, 80, and 120 mg L-1), putrescence and spermidine (0, 0.1, and 1.0 mM), three or six weeks after pollination. The highest rate of initial fruit drop (42.2%) was obtained when fruits were treated with naphthalene acetamide at a concentration of 120 mg L-1, which was significantly higher than the control (32.0%). Fruit treated with polyamines had a higher yield than the control. The lowest total soluble solids (TSS) (21.5%) were found in spermidine 0.1 mM and the highest TSS (46%) was found in the control. Polyamines decreased fruit total soluble solids content (TSS) compared with untreated fruits, and also delayed fruit maturity for at least 17 days. In conclusion, polyamine application significantly affected yield, physical and chemical characteristics of date cultivar under the study and it may be recommended to be applied in cultural practices to enhance production and improve the fruit quality of date trees orchards.|
|growth regulators؛ putrescence؛ Spermidine|
1. Abu-Kpawoh, J.C., Y.F., Xi, Y.Z., Zhang and Y.F., Jin. 2002. Polyamine accumulation following Hot-water dips influence chilling injury and decay in friar plum fruit. Food Chem. Toxic. 67(7):2649-2653.
2. Asna-ashari, M., Zakayie Khosro-Shahi, M. R. and Ershadi, M. 2006. Effect of exogenous putrescine on postharvest life of strawberry. J. Res. Agr. Sci. 6:15-25 (in Farsi).
3. Al-Khayri J.M. 2001. Optimization of biotin and thiamine requirements for somatic embryogenesis of date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.). In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Plant 37:453-456.
4. Al-Shahib, W. and R.J. Marshall. 2003. The fruit of the date palm: it’s possible use as the best food for the future? Int. J. Food Sci. Nutr. 54: 247-59.
5. Ahmed, A.A., 1999. Date palm postharvest processing technology in Libya. Regional Workshop on Date Palm Postharvest Processing and Technology in Iran.
6. Alcazar, R, F. Marco, J.C. Cuevas, M. Patron, A. Ferrand, P. Carrasco. A. F. Tiburcio and T. Altabella. 2006. Involvement of polyamines in plant response to abiotic stress. Biotechnol. Lett. 28 1867-1876.
7. Aplbaum, A, C. Burgeon, J. Andrew, M. Lieberman, R. benarie and A. Mattod. 1981. Polyamines inhibit biosynthesis of ethylene in higher plant tissue and fruit protoplast. Plant Physiol. 68:453-456.
8. Aplbaum, A and I. Icekson. 1983. Applied polyamines inhibit macromolecule synthesis in plant tissue. In: Advances in Polyamine Research. Bacharach, U., A. Kaye and R. Chayen. Ravan Press, New York, pp: 437-442.
9. Aplbaum, A. 1986. Polyamine involvent in the development and ripening of avocado fruit. Acta Hort .179:779-785.
10. Arias, M., J. Carbonell and M. Agusti. 2005. Endogenous free polyamines and their role in fruit set of low and high parthenocarpic ability citrus cultivars, Plant Physiol. 126(8):845-853.
11.Bahrami, H.R. 1997. Evaluating the effects of naphthaleneacetic acid, naphthalene acetamid, and 2, 4-diisopropylester on fruit size, yield, quality, and ripening time of date palm ‘Shahani’. M.Sc. thesis in Horticultural Science Islamic Azad University, Branch Jahrom, Iran. (In Farsi).
12.Bregoli, A, M. C. Fabbroni, F. Costa, S. Stella, V. Ziosi and G. Costa. 2010. Kiwifruit growth control by synthetic auxin 3, 5, 6-TPA. J. Hort. Sci. 727.
13.Bais, H.P. and G.A. Ravishankar. 2002. Role of polyamines in the ontogeny of plants and their biotechnological applications. Plant Cell Tiss. Organ Cult. 69:1-34.
14. Franco-Mora, O., K. Tanabe, F. Tamura and A. Itai. 2005. Effects of putrescine application on fruit set in Housi Japanese pear. Sci. Hort. 104: 265-273.
15.Izadi, M. 2008. Effects of benzyladenine, NAA, and 2, 4-Diisopropylester on yield and quality of date palm ‘Kabkab’. M.Sc. thesis in horticultural science, Shiraz University, Iran. (In Farsi).
16. Kushad, M.M., G. Yelenosky and R. Knight. 1988. Inter relationship of polyamine and ethylene biosynthesis during avocado fruit development and ripening. Plant Physiol. 87:463-467.
17. Kosina, G. 2006. Respondse of two apple cultivars to chemical fruit thinning. Acta Hort. 774p.
18. Malik, A.U. and Z. Singh. 2004. Endogenous free polyamines of mangos in relation to development and ripening. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 129:280-286.
19. Malik, A.U. and Z. Singh. 2006. Improved fruit retention, yield and fruit quality in mango with exogenous application of polyamines. Hort Sci. 110:167-174.
20. Malik, A.U. and Z. Singh. 2000. Improved fruit retention, yield and fruit quality in mango with exogenous application of polyamines. J. Hort. Sci. 70:271-277.
21.Ronca, F., H. Arbiza and A. Albella et al. 1998. Synthetic Auxin ealuation on fruit size and yield in Lisbon Type lemon. Acta Hort. 463:405-412.
22. Mohammadi, A., A. Aboutalebi, H. Hasanzadeh, and M. Mohammadi. 2008. Evaluating the effects of plant growth regulators on quality and yield of date palm ‘Shahani’. J. Res. Agr. Sci. 4:204-211. (In Farsi).
23. Saleem, B. A, A. U. Malik, R. Anwar and M. Farooq. 2008. Exogenous application of polyamines improves fruit set, yield and quality of sweet oranges. Acta Hort. 774-779.
24. Stewart, W.S. and H.Z. Hield. 1950. Effects of 2, 4-D and 2,4-T on fruit drop, fruit production and drop of lemon Trees. Proc. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 55:71-163.
25. Stern, A.R. and S. Gazit. 2000. Application of the polyamine putrescine increased yield of “Maurititu" Litchi (Litchi chinensis Sonn). J. Hort. Sci. Biotechnol. 75:612-614.
26. Singh, Z. and L. Singh. 1995. Increased fruit set and retention in mango with exogenous application of polyamines. J. Hort. Sci., 70, 271–277.18, 59–61.
27. Sood, S. and P.K. Nagar. 2008. Postharvest alteration in polyamines and ethylene in two diverse rose species. Acta Physiol. Plant 30:243- 248.
28. Taghipour, L. and M. Rahemi. 2009. Effects of plant growth regulators on quality and yield of apricot. J. Hort. Sci. 23:78-84. (In Farsi).
29. Takahashi, T. and J.I. Kakehi. 2010. Polyamine: Ubiquitous polycations with unique roles in growth and stress responses, Ann. Bot. 105:1-6.
30. Wing, G., Q. Xu. Shii and J. HU. 2006. Exogenous polyamines enhance toleranc of nymphoides peltatum. J. Plant Phisiol. Doi: 10.1016/jplph. 2006. 06. 003.
31. Wilkins, M.B. 1946. The Physiology of Plant Growth and Development. Mcgrow-Hill Book Company. London. 695 p.
32. Winer, L. and A. Apelbaum. 1986. Involvement of polyamines in the development and ripening of avocado fruits. J. Plant Physiol. 126, 223– 233.
33. Ziosi, V., A.M. Bregoli, F. Fregola, G. Costa and P. Torrigiani. 2009. Jasmonate-induced ripening delay is associated with up-regulation of polyamins level in peach fruit. J. Plant Physiol. 166:938-946.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 1,831
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 1,833